I am inspired by the challenges of distance learning to step in and help your student achieve. As a communications professional for 30 years, I can help your student succeed in school by staying on top of assignments, and enhanced ability to organize thoughts on paper. Your student isn’t isolated any more. I also am a creative writer and can offer adventures in writing poetry, fiction, nonfiction, or essays through prompts that get students excited to express themselves. Read my resume below to learn about my experience.
Mentor/Writer, Northfield, Minn. | 2019–Present
Provide needed learning support for students experiencing distance learning. In addition, I am a freelance marketing writer working for clients including Rice County Area United Way and the University of St. Thomas, both previous employers.
Live-Aboard Sailor | 2019–2020
Realized a dream of sailing the Caribbean over five months with my husband on a 47-foot Beneteau (sloop) named Santosha. Learned that the impossible is possible. Learn more at my blog: SantoshaSails.com.
Marketing Writer, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul and Minneapolis | 2016–2019
Reported to chief marketing officer’s team, collaborating with graphic designers and videographers to produce academic, fundraising and promotional materials in digital, print and video formats.
Executive Director, Northfield Area United Way, Northfield, Minn. | 2014–2017
Created workplace and community campaigns to meet fundraising goals for the community. Mobilized volunteers and workplace coordinators through print materials, social media and events. Managed all aspects of the office, reporting to a board of directors and overseeing accounting staff and two interns.
Marketing Consultant, Elizabeth Child & Company Inc., Twin Cities | 2002–2016
Produced print and digital materials for businesses and nonprofits, including Brooks Family Business, St. Olaf College and St. Catherine University.
Vice President, Public Relations, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray, Twin Cities | 1997–2002
Mined, wrote and distributed stories about the firm’s research and advisory services that produced nationwide visibility for investment banking. National media exposure grew more than four-fold in one year. Our team trained and promoted industry experts as spokespeople for CNBC, CNN, PBS and other television stations, in addition to leading print media such as the Wall Street Journal.
Editor, Minnesota Sports magazine, Twin Cities | 1995–1997
Managed freelance writers, coordinated design and wrote articles to produce this monthly Twin Cities magazine owned by Skyway Publications.
PUBLISHING & PUBLIC RELATIONS AWARDS
- Gold Award, National Admissions Advertising Awards, Get in the Game, Athletics and Recreation, St. Olaf College, 44-page book for prospective students
- Gold Award, National Admissions Advertising Awards, image ads for St. Olaf College
- First place, Minnesota Magazine Excellence Awards, Best Commentary in Minnesota Sports and Best Regular Column in Minnesota Sports
- Public Relations Society of America Classic Award, Target Stores’ fall fashion media kit.
Publishing: Articles, essays and poetry published in Minnesota Monthly, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Women’s Press, Skyway News, Tampa Bay Business and Tampa Bay Monthly.
Teaching: Yoga teacher at Heartwork Yoga studio, Northfield, Minn., for 15 years. Co-taught the introductory marketing course at Hamline University, St. Paul, Minn. Guest lectured on public relations at the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minn.
- 2019–current: Master’s, creative writing and publishing, University of St. Thomas (4.0 GPA)
- 2013, Health Coaching Certification, Institute for Integrative Health, New York City
- 2012, coursework toward Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership, St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minn. (4.0 GPA)
- 1976–1980, Bachelor of Arts in English, Connecticut College, New London, Conn.
- 2017–2019, University of St. Thomas Sustainability Counsel member
- 2001–2014, Women in Northfield Giving Support, President, Vice President, Grants Committee Chair, Legacy Giving Chair and Communications Chair
- 2005–2012, Northfield Enterprise Center Board, Secretary
- 2009–2011, Minnesota Women in Marketing and Communications, Chair of Seasoned Professionals
- 2001–2004, Northfield Arts Guild Board Member; Board President, 2003–2004
FB elizabeth.child.14 | RedouxU@Twitter